This is a collection of printable user mods that can be made to the D7 printer. Wanhao is pretty good about implementing enhancements over time so check your printer to see if it could benefit from any of these first. Always check to see if any of these mods will void your warranty and do so at your own risk.
- Lid Handles by wisar. The original steel cover that ships with the D7 is pretty heavy and awkward to handle so print a set of these and attach to the top.
- Lid Handles for v1.2 by James Armstrong. The newer versions of the printer do not have the top attached with screws from the side so this handle was designed to mount using the top screws.
- V1.2 (later version with long “unlit” power button) by James Armstrong. Instructions are on this page.
- Plexi Lid base and top by Atlemo for making your own see thru cover with more information on this page.
- Replacement Back panel with Cooling Fan by wisar. Replacement case panels for the Wanhao D7 that incorporate cooling solution.
- Another replacement back panel with cooling fan openings by Chris Hudson. File is on D7 FB Group
- Build plate holder by Revaice. A stand for the buildplatform from the Wanhao Duplicator 7. Printed in PLA.
- Platform leveling aid by wisar. Another in my series of mods for my new 3D Printer. This one, however, is pretty specific to my personal needs in that I have some minor disability in my hands that can make leveling the build platform difficult at times. With this thing in place it is a lot easier for me to get to the four set screws while being sure that everything will stay flat.
- v1 Plate to LCD Alignment Fix by James Armstrong
- Resin Tank (Vat) Cover by wisar, Cover for your resin tank. Also handy to keep the securing knobs from going swimming when taking the tank off the printer.
- Plate drip stand by Pierre Gelinas. install on the D7 to put the Bed on after a Print so the Resin Drips Back into the Resin Tank
- Minimalist Plate Drip Stand by macdarren
- UV Cooling Fan Shroud by James Armstrong. Helps direct cool air from outside the housing directly across the UV LED heatsink. Instructions are on this page.
- Two part fan shroud by DaakTwo on Thingiverse: Simpler version that does not require taking the fan assembly apart.
- Nanodlp LCD Stand (for the optional 16×2 LCD) by Thejustintimer.
- RaspberryPi3 Enclosures for use with Nanodlp (thing search)
- Alcohol Basket by evanmorgan93. This is a alcohol washing basket to fit inside the blue container than ships with the Wanhao Duplicator 7 DLP 3D printer.
- D7 Base with Raspberry Pi Mount for Nanodlp by wisar (for use with this case).
- Printable replacement Spatula by wisar