We’ve tried to gather all of the documentation that Wanhao has included with the printer. If there’s a document, or a revision of a document that we’re missing, please let us know.
Wanhao I3 Plus Firmware Updates
Note: There have been reports of problems updating the LCD firmware. Here is a sequence that seems to work for doing the update:
Your suggestion did the trick. I first tried to downgrade the LCD to 2.11 – which failed the same way (flashing LCD, no loading of images). However, when I tried to upgrade to LCD 2.17, it loaded the firmware. Here’s the sequence for anyone else having problems.
- Following the instructions in the first link, get access to the SD card slot on the LCD.
- Power off. Insert MicroSD with LCD 2.11 firmware.
- Power on. Firmware 2.11 doesn’t load. LCD screen flashes on and off slowly.
- Power off. Insert MicroSD with LCD 2.17 firmware.
- Power on. Firmware 2.17 loads. LCD shows the images loading. Wait for LCD to go blank
- Power off. Remove MicroSD card.
- Power on. Look for the new bed leveling function to confirm 2.17 loaded.
Wanhao I3 Plus LCD Firmware Update Alternate Procedure
Note: There have been reports of problems updating the LCD firmware. I have created an (updated) 8GB USB Image that contains the LCD v2.17(2.18) Firmware files including the files required if the LCD Firmware is wiped out (we believe the baudrate changes and it then cannot talk to the main board. If you see yellow blocks where the filenames and temperatures are then you will need this). You will need to download the Image file then extract the file from the zip archive and “burn” it to your USB disk using one of the following methods:
Once the USB image has been restored you will need to power down the I3 Plus and insert the SD into the LCD (follow the instructions from the Wanhao I3 Plus Update Procedure. Once the restore is complete you can check to see if the new files were installed by going to the Tools button and checking to see if the Temperature icons have some color instead of black and white.