We’ve tried to gather all of the documentation that Wanhao has included with the printer. If there’s a document, or a revision of a document that we’re missing, please let us know.
Wanhao I3 Plus Firmware Updates
Note: There have been reports of problems updating the LCD firmware. Here is a sequence that seems to work for doing the update:
Your suggestion did the trick. I first tried to downgrade the LCD to 2.11 – which failed the same way (flashing LCD, no loading of images). However, when I tried to upgrade to LCD 2.17, it loaded the firmware. Here’s the sequence for anyone else having problems.
- Following the instructions in the first link, get access to the SD card slot on the LCD.
- Power off. Insert MicroSD with LCD 2.11 firmware.
- Power on. Firmware 2.11 doesn’t load. LCD screen flashes on and off slowly.
- Power off. Insert MicroSD with LCD 2.17 firmware.
- Power on. Firmware 2.17 loads. LCD shows the images loading. Wait for LCD to go blank
- Power off. Remove MicroSD card.
- Power on. Look for the new bed leveling function to confirm 2.17 loaded.