You can’t use a 3D printer without a computer! Below is information to help you get started with your chosen slicer or control applications.
Slicer software will convert a 3D model (such as a .STL file downloaded from Thingiverse) to a .gcode file.
These profiles are provided as a starting point and are intended for the stock hot end. Many settings will vary depending on the model you are slicing and your specific printer.
- Cura – (Free software, download from ultimaker.com, or from wanhao3dprinter.com.)
- Wanhao_Cura_Profile16.zip – Wanhao’s profile used on their sample prints.
- Slic3r – (Free software, download from slic3r.org.)
- Slic3r_config_bundle.zip – Profile for the Duplicator i3, includes 3 “Print Settings” profiles for 0.1mm, 0.2mm, and 0.3mm layer heights.
- Simplify 3D Profiles – (Purchase from simplify3d.com.)
- Matter Control – (Free software, download from mattercontrol.com.)
- MatterControl-Wanhaoi3 – General profile for PLA filament.
There are several options for controlling the printer via a computer or Raspberry Pi.