ADVi3++is a custom firmware for the Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus and its rebrands. It offers a complete redesign of the touchscreen interface and new features. It is also based on the latest latest Marlin firmware instead of an old one like the original version. There is a lot of hardware information available by Sebastien Andrivet at this article: “Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus 3D Printer – Everything I know about the Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus 3D printer and its clones“.
- Based on the latest version of Marlin available (currently: 1.1.8)
- As few modifications of the Marlin code as possible. The goal is to be able to port ADVi3++ to new versions of Marlin with only a few effort.
- Fully open source code. Unfortunately, even if it is required by the GPL, Wanhao has not released the source code of their latest Marlin-based firmwares.
- Object-oriented code with as few hard-coded values as possible. For example, instead of constructing a frame by hand, use instances of classes that know how to construct themselves.
- Documented code, logging and error handling (without using exceptions as they are not supported).
- Full colors and nice LCD screens including temperature graphs.
- Icons and pictures recreated from scratch.
- About screen with the various versions (LCD, Mainboard, …) and integrity check.
ADVi3++ is split into two sister projects:
ADVi3++ User Manual
- a list of features
- How to Flash the firmware
- LCD Touch Screen Manual
- Default Configuration used by ADVi3++
Sebastien Andrivet, Sebastien Andrivet