We’ve tried to gather all of the documentation that Wanhao has included with the printer. If there’s a document, or a revision of a document that we’re missing, please let us know.
- Wanhao D7 Getting Started Rev A – This is the file provided by Wanhao on the SD card shipped with the initial units
- WANHAO D7 User Manual REV A – This is the new Instruction Manual that is provided in booklet form with the v2 printers.
Wanhao Resin MDS
Hardware Changes since Pre-Release Units
- Changes implemented March 2017. Download the V1.1 Changes PDF or view the images below.
- V1.3 Changes implemented May 4th 2017
- V1.4 See this page for Changes implemented May 22th 2017
- Driver coming soon (Wanhao’s link was for FTDI and the driver should be the standard Arduino 2560 CDC file)
- Nanodlp or other DLP slicing software.
The D7 mainboard uses a standard Atmel16u2 for the usb to serial chip. It is programmed and shows up as an ATMEGA2560 Arduino and uses the standard usb cdc driver for the Arduino mega2560. The Atmega2560 main chip is programmed with a boot loader and can be reprogrammed over the USB port using the Arduino IDE or AVRDUDE. If you have problems uploading new code via the IDE try a power on of the board right before uploading code so the boot loader is active.
- Wanhao D7 OEM Firmware
- Wanhao D7 OEM 16U2 (usb to serial chip) Firmware
- Modified Repetier D7 firmware (latest) v1.3 with Auto Fan2 and standard ZMin. Note, you will need to modify your nanodlp profiles to remove the extra [[WaitForDoneMessage]] after any non-G0/G1/G28 commands. The G28 must have P1 added also.
- Modified Repetier D7 firmware (latest) v1.3 with Auto Fan2 and flipped ZMin (if your Z will not home down but moves up). Note, you will need to modify your nanodlp profiles to remove the extra [[WaitForDoneMessage]] after any non-G0/G1/G28 commands. The G28 must have P1 added also.
- Modified Repetier D7 firmware for use with Nanodlp (this version flips the z min / max if you have issues with it not homing, i.e. new version boards)
Based on the following specifications the X and Y pixel size should be 47.25 microns.