The following information is provide to help you get started with your chosen slicer or control applications. Please consider these as only starting points. You will probably need to make changes based on your personal printer and preferences.
Slicer software will convert a 3D model (such as a .STL file downloaded from Thingiverse) to a .gcode file.
These profiles are provided as a starting point and are intended for the stock hot end. Many settings will vary depending on the model you are slicing and your specific printer.
- Cura – (Free software, download from ultimaker.com, or from wanhao3dprinter.com.)
- Wanhao_Cura_Profile16.zip – Wanhao’s profile used on their sample prints.
- Slic3r – (Free software, download from slic3r.org.)
- Slic3r_config_bundle.zip – Profile for the Duplicator i3, includes 3 “Print Settings” profiles for 0.1mm, 0.2mm, and 0.3mm layer heights.
- Simplify 3D Profiles – (Purchase from simplify3d.com.)
- Matter Control – (Free software, download from mattercontrol.com.)
- MatterControl-Wanhaoi3 – General profile for PLA filament.
There are several options for controlling the printer via a computer or Raspberry Pi.