The Duplicator i3 is an inexpensive 3d printer from Wanhao based on the Prusa i3 design. At this point there are two models often referred to as the V1 and the V2. There have been many changes since the first release early 2015 based on user feedback. Depending on the model you have there are some modifications that could / should be made to the unit. Some of these mods are fixes and safety related and some are just for improvements and are not required. Join us on our Slack channel by filling out this quick Form . We also have a Wanhao Di3 FB page.
We have started a world map that shows where all the Wanhao I3 users are located. Feel free to add yourself to the map if you have this printer or one of the clones. You can keep your info basic (city / state) or add what you want, it is up to you. Click here to access the Map
Monoprice rebrands the Duplicator i3 as the Maker Select 3D Printer.
For the Australian market, Aldi rebrands the Duplicator i3 as the Cocoon Create 3D Printer.
Tips and Mods
- Duplicator i3 FAQ's
- Duplicator i3 Factory Documentation & Files
- Duplicator i3 Unboxing and Setup
- Duplicator i3 Printer Specifications
- Duplicator i3 Calibration and Maintenance
- Duplicator i3 Basic Mods
- Duplicator i3 Advanced Mods
- Heat Bed Terminal Burning Fix
- Hotbed Burning Terminal Fix with MOSFET Board
- Adding Heating LED Indication to Heatbed
- Bearing Block Mod
- Heater Cartridge Replacement
- Flexible Filament Mod
- Board Replacement Options (RAMPS, RADDS, Clone Mini)
- Converting the Duplicator I3 Melzi controller board to a RADDS controller
- Computer Software
- Misc. Tips, Tricks, and other Information